Equivalences obligatoires


I wish to access employment or training

When should I submit my file ?

You can apply for equivalence at all times if the application for equivalence does not concern the end of the secondary education cycle.



How should I forward my file ?

- First option: Send the file by post (the postal stamp is proof).

Service des équivalences de l'enseignement obligatoire
Rue A. Lavallée, 1
1080 Brussels

- Second option: Bring the complete file to the offices of the Equivalence department of secondary education, only by appointment.

You can contact us:

  • by telephone on 02/690.86.86



Which documents to supply ?

1) The report cards of the last three school years

These two documents must be submitted as certified copies and translated if necessary.

Find out everything about the certified copies procedure

2) A copy of your identity card or of an excerpt of your birth certificate.

3) A covering letter or justification form

A letter drawn up in French and signed with your names, first names, address and the purpose of your application.

4) The ORIGINAL proof of payment of the administrative fee.

The administrative fee amounts to 76 €.

You can pay the administrative costs online. Please print the proof of transaction and enclose it with your letter for equivalence application.
If you don’t pay online click here.



How should I have my documents translated ?

All the above mentioned documents written in Polish, Romanian or Bulgarian (except the proof of payment) must be translated into French.

Find out everything about the translation procedure.



How do I get my original documents back ?

Find out everything about the return of original documents.




To access a job, a vocational training course or a social promotion course in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, the submission of your file can be done at any time of the year providing that it does not concern the end of the secondary education cycle.

You can deposit your file at our office (only by appointment). The file must be complete to be accepted. If required you will be issued a proof of deposit.

You can send us you file by post, the Equivalence Department will give you:

  • if it is complete: a favourable or negative advice on granting equivalence.
  • if it is not complete: a request for additional information.

Your equivalence will be supplied as soon as possible after you have been sent the favourable advice for the latter.


Haut de page


Prenez rendez-vous avec le service des équivalences secondaires
Suivre l'évolution de mon dossier
Faites votre paiement en ligne
Vous êtes satisfait? Faites le savoir en répondant au questionnaire.
Retour vers la page "j'ai pas terminé mes études secondaires"
Retour vers la page "j'ai un diplôme paramédical obtenu à l'étranger"
Retour vers le site des équivalences non-obligatoires